I bought a coupon for unlimited vent cleaning in my house.

the ad reads:

“Techs clean vents and return with rotating brushes, thoroughly vacuum ducts, and deodorize the system using an all-natural product

details

Plus, they'll remove troublesome lint buildup from a dryer vent to help prevent house fires

Company with more than 20 years of experience helps improves air quality so you can breathe easy

Want more? Check out EnviroCare's website.

PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 24, 2018

PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 16, 2013

the fine print

Limit 2 per household, up to 2 additional as gifts

Limit 1 per system

Appointments are required and subject to availability

Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture

Distance restrictions apply; service area includes DC; Montgomery, Frederick, Prince George's, Howard, St. Mary's, and Charles counties; Northern Virginia and Fredericksburg

Valid for unlimited vents and 1 return on 1 system

Dryer vent cleaning valid for one-sided cleaning only

All services must be redeemed during a single visit by same household”

OK - no rotating brushes were employed - they merely stuck a shop-vac type hose in the vents they cleaned. No all natural products were used, and they did not clean the vents/ducts on the first floor claiming that they were the same vents as those on the second floor. The manager to whom I talked game me a 20-minute runaround about why. All I wanted was for him to have his people come out and complete the job.

The cleaning tech looked into my HVAC system and told me I needed additional services and tried to sell them to me. They left shortly after I declined the offer.

I originally bought the service because I wanted the vents in my daughter's room cleaned as she has asthma. She lives on the first floor of the house, but the vents in her area were the only ones that were not cleaned.

For the record, when I asked him if he had other complaints, he would not answer. I suspect there are others who have had issues with the ads this company puts out.

Product or Service Mentioned: Envirocair Cleaning Service.

Comments